||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ranger Fans,

I know everyone is writing up their Season Recaps and taking a break from hockey, but it's not going to happen here at the Blueshirt Brigade because I feel we're just getting started with the process of putting together a stronger, championship-caliber club. I wrote a quick overview of the Washington series over at The Hockey Writers site which you could read here if you're so inclined, but aside from that I'll just leave you with this:

2009-2010 New York Rangers GP: 82 W: 38 L: 33 OT: 11 @Home: 18-17-6 PTS: 87 Standing: 9th Place Playoffs: NO

2010-2011 New York Rangers GP: 82 W: 44 L: 33 OT: 5 @Home: 20-17-4 PTS: 93 Standing: 8th Place Playoffs: YES

Cold, Hard Facts: Improvement.

So we're going to continue throughout the summer with Ranger articles, transaction updates, opinions, more things like this, and some playoff observations regarding the teams still involved because these games have been fantastic and I can't stand golf

So hang in there Blueshirt fans. I wanted us to go further too.

But better days ahead.
~~Rich Baiocco

3 comments:

  1. I agree Bro. It sucks being out but the team had some obvious addistions this year that are big potential for us. The most notable in my opinion is that Staal has emerged has the captain in my opinion and a solid all star defense in the league. Sauer and McDonough proved to be REAL defenseman that can move the puck and play confident hockey. SO i like our defense for next year. Girardi is a total warrior with the way he plays and blocks shots. I think we ditch mccabe, another old timer with a big slap shot who cant score. LAME. and I dont care mutch for emmenger so i wouldnt mind making gilroy and del zoto third pairing for next season. I would like to see them develop into guys who can courterback the powerplay at the point. I mean we havent had anyone ANYONE do this in a ranger uniform since leetch and zubov. its terrible.

    Henrik is legit, nothing new


    on offense we have a ton of heart and soul but not a lot of talent. We have too many of the same types of players in my opinion. Gabby cant be "the guy". We need a crosby to a malkin, a datsuk to a zetterberg, a st louis to a stamkos, ect. I think Brad Richards could be that guy as he is an off season free agent.

    not sure we need prust AND avery. boyle makes me nervous. He had a great season, could be the best he ever has though. If he demands more money, i wouldnt give it to him. He needs to score over 20 goals again or just be a tougher player. for a big guy he is a pillow thrower.

    i think prospal is gone, i think christensen is gone...We will see. i like the fact that our goalie and our defense in is pretty much set. Maybe we can get a more offensive veteran for the powerplay but we have a solid crew. We just a need more talented forward or two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice analysis.

    I agree with you about our D--solid rookies that were able to step up to the plate in the pros, and Staal & Girardi really shined this year and improved their game, and cemented their reputations as warriors. Gilroy really impressed me in the playoffs and I would love to see him get more confident with the puck because he plays like a roving mid-fielder and I think that's an asset we can use.

    I'd love to see Del Zotto back in the lineup and quarterbacking the PP but it's up to him to develop. Remember, he was on the big club for the first half of the season and the PP still sucked so... We'll see. One thing i definitely miss is his homerun breakaway passes to Gabby.

    I like Boyle. I thought he was our best Ranger forward in the playoffs even though he had no productivity. I think it's a strong possibility he won't match his 20 goal effort again next year, but I still think he can develop into more of a bruising, forechecking center with decent enough hands and instincts to net 15-22 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when you look at his salary this season, he was only making 1/2 a mill...that's not alot at all in the big picture

    ReplyDelete